Terms of Service
Every online service / ISP has policies. Here's
ours! Reading through the rules can sometimes be tedious. We've
done our best to come up with a set of policies that protects
you and us. We think you'll find that they are all pretty
sensible and necessary. If you ever have ANY questions about
them, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Ultra-Vision Internet agrees to provide and User agrees to
receive access to the Ultra-Vision Internet service
according to the following terms and conditions:
- The benefits or rights conferred by this agreement
are nontransferable. Use of Ultra-Vision Internet
accounts is expressly limited to the individual or
business whose name appears on the account.
- User agrees to use the service in manner consistent
with any and all applicable laws. In the event that this
account is not used in accordance with all Applicable
Laws including, but not limited to Local, State or
Federal Laws, Ultra-Vision Internet reserves the right
to cooperate with all or any law enforcement agencies.
- Reselling of your web space is prohibited unless
expressly contracted with Ultra-Vision Internet.
- Sexual images and illegal material on your web pages
- User is responsible for all use of User's account
and confidentiality of password. We will suspend access
or change access to User's account immediately upon
notification by User that his/her password has been
lost, stolen or otherwise compromised. Ultra-Vision
Internet is not liable for any usage and or charges
prior to Ultra-Vision Internet making the necessary
- User is responsible for all local and long-distance
telephone charges for connecting to Ultra-Vision
- User agrees to pay Ultra-Vision Internet all charges
relating to the use of User's account according to rates
and prices stated online at the time of commencement of
that subscription term.
- Ultra-Vision Internet reserves the right to change
prices/rates at any time.
- Ultra-Vision Internet users may use their account at
any location or locations they choose under that
- An individual account may NOT be used by persons
not a member of the immediate family.
- A business account, purchased by an employer for
an employee may not be used by that employee at home
as a personal account. It may, however, by used on a
laptop computer if the employee uses such a computer
while away from the employment location as part of a
business trip or the regular duties of his/her
- Ultra-Vision Internet reserves the right to suspend
access to service for User's account upon an indication
of credit problems including delinquent payments or
rejection of any credit card charges.
- The Ultra-Vision Internet service is provided on an
"as is, as available" basis. No warranties, expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, those of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are
made with respect to Ultra-Vision Internet or any
information or software therein. This in no way includes
any reimbursement for losses of income due to disruption
of service by Ultra-Vision Internet or its providers.
- Neither Ultra-Vision Internet nor its Information
Providers are responsible for any damages arising from
User's use of Ultra-Vision Internet or by User's
inability to use Ultra-Vision Internet services.
- Dialup connections are not intended to be full-time
dedicated connections and we reserve the right to
disconnect a user for inactivity or for using what we
consider an excessive amount of time online.
- Standard dialup connections may NEVER exceed 200
hours online per month. If you need more time than this,
then you require a dedicated connection.
- User may not run publicly accessible services such
as SMTP, HTTP, MUD or IRC server.
- Ultra-Vision Internet reserves the right to change
without notice the Ultra-Vision Internet service,
including, but not limited to, access procedures, hours
of operation, menu structures, commands, documentation,
vendors and services offered.
- Ultra-Vision Internet is not responsible for User's
personal files residing on Ultra-Vision Internet. User
is responsible for independent backup of his/her data
stored on Ultra-Vision Internet.
- Ultra-Vision Internet reserves the right to delete
User's personal files after one or both parties
- Ultra-Vision Internet reserves the right in its sole
discretion to delete any information entered into
Ultra-Vision Internet by User. Ultra-Vision Internet and
its authorized representatives shall have the right, but
shall not be obligated, to edit publicly viewable
- Ultra-Vision Internet, at its sole business
judgment, may terminate this Agreement immediately or
suspend User's access to the service upon any breach of
this Agreement by User, including, but not limited to,
refusal or failure to pay for services provided or by
sole judgment of Ultra-Vision Internet that User may be
performing activities harmful to Ultra-Vision Internet
or its Users, employees, vendors, business relationships
or any other users of the Internet.
- The following violations of "netiquette" are grounds
for immediate termination of service.
- Posting a single article or substantially
similar articles (SPAM) to an excessive number of
newsgroups or continued posting of articles which
are off-topic (e.g., off-topic according to the
newsgroup charter or the article provokes complaints
from the regular readers of the newsgroup for being
- Sending unsolicited commercial mass emailings
(i.e., to more than 25 users) which provoke
complaints from the recipients.
- Engaging in either (a) or (b) from a provider
other than Ultra-Vision Internet and using an
account on Ultra-Vision Internet as a mail drop (or
website) for responses.
- Continued harassment of other individuals on the
Internet after being asked to stop by those
individuals and by Ultra-Vision Internet.
- Impersonating another user or otherwise
falsifying one's user name in email, Usenet
postings, on IRC, or with any other Internet or BBS
service. (This does not preclude the use of
nicknames in IRC or the use of anonymous remailer
- When violations occur, it puts our company at
risk with our own provider(s) and with other ISPs.
Due to their serious nature, and the work it takes
for us to "undo" the damage, there is a CHARGE
assessed for each violation in the amount of $200.00
- Use of IRC "bots" on Ultra-Vision Internet,
whether on our IRC server or any other. Such
software may not be stored on Ultra-Vision Internet.
- This document and the rights and duties of the
parties shall be governed by and interpreted according
to the laws of the State of Texas.
- Ultra-Vision Internet may modify these terms and
conditions upon notice published Online via Ultra-Vision
Internet. User's use of Ultra-Vision Internet's services
after such notice shall constitute User's acceptance of
the modifications to this Agreement.
- Non-enforcement of any section of this Agreement
does not constitute consent and Ultra-Vision Internet
reserves the right to enforce this Agreement at its sole
- If any one or more paragraphs in this Agreement is
found to be unenforceable or invalid, User's and
Ultra-Vision Internet's agreement on all other
paragraphs shall remain valid.
- Monthly Dues must be paid on a timely basis to
maintain User's membership privileges. Monthly dues
charged to Credit Card AUTO-BILLING (if applicable) will
continue regardless of your use unless and until you
expressly cancel the auto-billing, which you may do at
any time, unless bound by a specific term or agreement.
- When paying by check, 900# or Credit Card, User
expressly authorizes Ultra-Vision Internet to collect
from User a penalty fee of up to $25 for a returned
check, unpaid 900# charge or Credit Card chargeback.
- The User is in default of this Contract if:
- Any User covered by this contract fails to obey
any present or future Ultra-Vision Internet rule or
- We do not receive a monthly payment on or before
its due date; or
- Any material statement by the User in this
contract is false.
- Failure to use this account(s) does not relieve the
User of payment obligations, except as specifically
provided in this contract.
- In the event the User defaults on this contract,
Ultra-Vision Internet may suspend or revoke the User's
membership privileges and the User may have to reapply
for membership at the price Ultra-Vision Internet is
charging to new members.
- The User agrees to pay Ultra-Vision Internet's
reasonable attorney's fees and court costs, where
permitted, in collecting the amount due in the User's
contract or subscription agreement, including the
collection of 900# chargeback's, returned checks and
charged back credit card transactions.
- Communication systems are subject to degradation of
service from phenomena such as so-called "Line-Noise"
interference and other causes beyond the reasonable
control of Ultra-Vision Internet.
- Ultra-Vision Internet may assign this order, its
rights here under and its ownership of said service and
commitment at anytime without notice.
- In addition to any price specified herein, User
shall pay the gross amount of any present or future
sales, use, excise, value added or other similar taxes
applicable to the price, sales or delivery of any
products or services furnished here under or to their
use by customer.
- Ultra-Vision Internet reserves the right to
terminate or change priority of any process started by
- Ultra-Vision Internet reserves the right to collect
damages (software, hardware & man hours) if any harm is
done (due to USER'S negligence) to Ultra-Vision Internet
which requires repair or reconfiguration of any kind.
- Ultra-Vision Internet may offer credits to users who
refer additional users who sign up for and keep
Ultra-Vision Internet accounts through at least one
billing cycle, provided that the new users signing up
mention at the time of signup the login name or
accounting ID number of the user who referred them.
- Unless specifically contracted for a full-time
dialup connection, User may not remain connected when
not at his/her computer.
- DO NOT USE US FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE ILLEGAL.
Ultra-Vision Internet's Internet service may NOT be used to
encourage anything to do with illegal drugs, gambling,
pornography, prostitution, child pornography, robbery,
proliferating computer viruses, cracking into private
computer systems, software infringement, trafficking in
credit card codes, or other crimes.
Upon discovery of such activity, we WILL inform the
People sometimes have trouble determining whether certain
activities are illegal. It's usually not that hard. If it's
illegal "out there," it's illegal "in HERE"! Using us to
commit a crime doesn't make it any less a crime. In fact, if
you use us to commit a crime, you're exposing the operators
of the system and its other callers, to legal risks that
should be yours alone.
If you genuinely do not know whether something you'd like to
do is legal or illegal, please discuss it with us before you
proceed. And if we tell you we do not want you to pursue
your plans on our system, please respect our decision.
NO RESELLING OF YOUR ACCOUNT
This is closely related to the above policy. Your UNLIMITED
Account is meant to be FOR YOU to be used BY YOU. If you are
dialing into us to provide internet services to a BBS, a
network of computers, you are overstepping the scope of your
dialup account, and must have us quote you for a commercial
or business account.
PAYMENT FOR YOUR ACCOUNT
All customers and subscribers of Ultra-Vision agree unconditionally to the payment
terms set fourth in their service agreement, i.e. All fees will normally be invoiced on
the anniversary of the sign up date and the terms will be net fifteen (15) days. If payment is not
received according to the terms, services will be discontinued and an additional setup fee
amount of $25.00 may be required to reconnect services.
All Refunds will be handled as follows:
- No refunds on monthly accounts that have successfully connected
- No refunds on any other account after one month of
- An amount equal to the current monthly rate and setup fee will be deducted from any refund on accounts that have successfully connected.
NO PONZI SCHEMES, SPAM, OR CHAIN LETTERS.
This includes, but is not limited to: "David Rhodes"
letters, Make Money Fast letters, multi-level money scams &
other pyramid schemes. We do NOT want our customers falling
prey to hoaxes. This ALSO APPLIES to USENET SPAMMING or
EXCESSIVE CROSSPOSTING to USENET Groups. We're a big happy
internet community, and Ultra-Vision Internet does its part
to make it a safe and fun one.
CHANGES & STATUS
We reserve the right to make ANY changes to to the system in
ANY way without prior notice. This includes but is not
limited to our rates, services offered, access numbers &
We reserve the right to delete ANY ACCOUNT regardless of
Member status. This is to give us power over trouble-makers
who are affecting the online sessions of other users. (Fair
A SURE way to get deleted or suspended is to ABUSE, BASH or
in any other way HARASS other users, thereby affecting their
online enjoyment. And you'd also get NO REFUND of unused